Friday, October 26, 2012

I have to do the work to get through this. If I don't I will have not accomplished anything. I'm not sure what it is I want to accomplish, but I need to work through this, whatever it is. The next part of this story is tough for me to put into words.
Once the initial shock wore off of what the doctors had told me and what my sister had done to me I went into attack mode. Well, I didn't go into attack mode, but Becky did for me.
Becky knew I was in a vulnerable place, and I was. I wasn't sure what I was going to do. I didn't feel that I had any family I could really count on to be there for me so I allowed myself to trust her.
Becky offered for her and her husband to take care of my children for me until I could do it. I knew what I was about to undergo and I was scared. I was mostly scared of my children watching me on a daily basis go through this and I wanted to spare them that pain. I couldn't handle their tears and I couldn't tell them everything was going to be okay, because I wasn't sure of that myself. I couldn't even tell them I had cancer. I could no longer protect them. I knew they would be better off with Becky and Roger at the time. They were respected in the community and I trusted them. I knew they would take good care of my kids.Little did I know what was to come.
Becky was a fierce protector. A 44 year old woman from Texas she was a mother bear. She was devoted to her daughter, her marriage, but most of all her church. She was involved in every aspect of First Covenant, from the board to hosting a life class, to bible study, you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment