Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The next day..

The drive back to my aunt's house was awful. I didn't want to face anyone with this news least of all my family. I was suppose to go home that day, but I knew I couldn't. After I gave myself permission to break down, I gave my aunt permission to tell the family. I just couldn't do it especially my husband. He had just lost his sister to breast cancer in June, and here we were in September and he has to find out that his wife had breast cancer also. Granted, we were seperated but I guesss in the back of my mind I hoped he would come back to me and love me. I knew having cancer wasn't going to fix all of our problems with our marriage, but I just thought for a little while they wouldn't be so important.
I was able to finally fall asleep and make the drive back home the next day. I wasn't really looking forward to that either. My sister had been staying with my two older children Nicholas and Mickaela. When I arrived home, the house was spotless. SHe had done an amazing job of cleaning the refrigerator, and spring cleaning, even though it was fall, the rest of the house. It wasn't messy, but it was definitely cluttered and needed a good deep clean.
At first, I was okay with her helping. I knew she meant well, and let's be honest I needed the help. I had been depressed after my husband left, and finally started to feel good about things again, and then I get hit with stage IV breast cancer.
Anyone on the outside looking in, you would think she was the parent and I was the child. I managed to put my frustrations with her on hold for the time being. The first day being back home wasn't that big of deal. When I told her about the cancer, she just acted like she always did and business as usual.
The kids were off to school and she attempted to clean again. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before so I decided to take a nap. I went back to my room and curled up in my comforter. But I couldn't sleep, all I heard was the banging in the bathroom.
You'd think the fact that she was going to school to become a nurse, she'd understand that I needed the rest. That I had just had two biopsies done and I was exhausted.
"Do you think you could do something else?" I asked her.
She just ignored me. I finally decided I wasn't going to get any rest so I sat in my chair and tried to watch some tv. I was suppose to take it easy and not do any cleaning or lifting because of the bipsy and the clips. Again, you'd think she'd understand that. But no, she got irritated with me because I wasn't doing anything.
Later that day it was time take my son to football practice. He was getting his things together and couldn't find his cup. Nancy was out playing volleyball with Mickaela, and I hollard at her if she knew where it was at. She just ignored me, which in turn made me very angry. One thing led to another and we ended up in a huge fight. She threatened to call Social Rehabilitation Services on me, and I told her to go ahead.
I took Nick to his football practice and when I returned she was standing across the street talking to my neighbor. I found that suspicious, but didn't really think anything of it. She packed up her stuff and left, which was fine with me because I really couldn't handle her attitude anymore.
The next day my neighbor comes over and wants me to go with her to my neighbor's house to the right of me. I didn't really know what to think, but I went ahead anyhow.
"Leslie, I'm so sorry. I should have believed you." Becky said.
"What are you talking about?" I asked. Becky pulled out her phone and started to show me the texts that my sister had sent her.
"Leslie, I'm the one that gave her the number to SRS." Becky said.
"We are so sorry we believed her. We thought the kids were in trouble," Emily said.
I honestly didn't care that my sister had called SRS on me. I didn't have anything to hide.
I was okay with Becky and Emily because I know they felt remorseful for their mistake. They were my friends and I felt that I could trust them.


No comments:

Post a Comment