Friday, October 5, 2012

Unspoken Rage

How can anyone not know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month? The pink ribbon is everywhere. And for those of us who have breast cancer it's hard to escape the reminder that you are living with it.
A year ago I was diagnosed with stage IV mestatic breast cancer and have undergone surgeries, chemo, and am getting ready to begin radiation. My journey won't be over though. I will still have to undergo scans every six months, and doctor's appointments every three months for the next two years. With every appointment that I go to, I run the risk of being told the cancer has returned. Cancer is physically and emotionally draining to say the least.
Every muscle that doesn't work right, my missing teeth because of the chemotherapy, my short hair and lack of eyebrows remind me every day that I am living with breast cancer and always will.
My children have been most impacted by this.
I would have never imagined when neighbors posing as good, christian people would try and manipulate my circumstances and try and steal my children from me by any means necessary. They were very good at what they did. Upstanding citizens of the community I thought this would be the best place for my kids because after watching my mother battle cancer I knew I couldn't provide them the stability they needed at least for a little while. I knew I was going to lose my hair, and get sick. I knew my appointments would take me away to another city and I didn't want to uproot them to go and live somewhere else if I didn't have to.

too be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment